India

India
Intinerary Map
Itinerary:

May 15 - 26: Hyderabad, India with the Wharton School of Business. We stayed at the India School of Business Executive Center. Everyday we immersed ourself in the Indian business world and culture through company visits, guest lectures, city tours and networking events with Indian MBA students.
May 26 - 28: Goa, where I stayed with a good friend who works in the real estate industry.
May 28 - June 1: Jaipur - Stayed with a friend's grandmother and two servants.
June 1 - 4: Delhi - I visited a friend from school and stayed with her family in what I would consider a Palace with services fit for a royal family.
June 6 - 9: Leh (in Ladakh, Northern India near Pakistan) - stayed in the Siala Guest House
June 10, 11: Hiking into the Hemis High Altitude Park to Rumbak to stay with a Ladakhi family in the mountains
June 12: Back to Leh
June 13: Fly from Leh to Delhi
June 14: Depart Leh at 2 am - headed for Firenze (Florence), Italia

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Tuesday, May 21, 2007: Misc Musings...

There is an excellent dry cleaning service here at ISB so I decided to give it a try. I sent off three pairs of pants, four or five dress shirts, several t-shirts and a few other little things. All of it came back either laundered or dry cleaned, pressed, and then folded over cardboard inserts perfectly. Everything felt brand new. Total cost = 16 rupees (exchange rate is 40 rupees : $1 USD)My haircut, which took 1.5 hours, was quite an experience. Not only did I have a stylist cutting my hair but he had an assistant who was brining him different types of scissors, changing the music, etc. I was given my own private room with my choice of music and beverage. The stylist was so meticulous and delicate that I felt like he was performing open heart surgery. Honest to god, he cut almost every single strand separately. After ultimately settling on giving me a "spikey" cut, he spent about 15 minutes just assessing where to start - combing my hair this way and that. When I asked him to trim my beard, he opted to forego the clippers and rather do it by hand with a pair of scissors and a comb. That took about 30 minutes. It was a great hair cut and it only cost $7 (including the shampoo and beard trim). Regardless, it was fun.Went out for a great dinner last night with Kanika, a female student here at ISB. It was a great time. We went to the ITC Grand Hotel here in Hyderabad (actually a Sheraton on steroids). It was the nicest place I've been here yet and the restaurant was unbelievable. We ate a late dinner around 10:30 pm. The restaurant itself had an exposed kitchen so you could see everything going on. Apparently, its one of the best hotel restaurant chains in India. Kanika took care of all the ordering. Even on a date, we ate mostly with our hands. The Tandoor lamb was the best it could be.Gotta run to breakfast. Curry. Can't wait.Mickey

No comments: